Camper Wesley Raises Camping Mojo Season 4 Opener West Chester PA

Camper Wesley Raises Camping Mojo Season 4 Opener West Chester PA



In the past, my husband has started torturing me in January about our spring and summer travel plans. Booking those trips keeps him occupied through the cold, dark winter months.

I thought it might be a bit different this year, what with a baby on the way and a big move on the horizon.

Boy, was I wrong. The camping craziness started even earlier and this year the boys were old enough to join in the frenetic conversation about upcoming trips.

I found myself questioning my sanity as I packed for last weekends trip while simultaneously making sure that our six-week old survived his brothers attempts at playing with him. Traveling with a newborn didnt exactly seem like a fun way to spend my weekend, but I also couldnt imagine putting the kabosh on what has become our camping kick-off tradition--the yearly spring trip to the Philadelphia/West Chester KOA. Suffice it to say I felt a bit bullied into this trip. As we pulled out on Friday, Jeremy was accusing me of having camping mojo levels that were at an all-time low. He was right.

That didnt last for long. The universe keeps sending us signs that Wesley fits right in to our particular brand of crazy, and this weekend was no exception.

Sign #1...All three boys slept the whole way to West Chester and we enjoyed adult conversation (WOW!)


Sign#2...The co-sleeper fit perfectly (without an inch to spare) right next to my bed.


Sign #3...Wesley adores a good campfire.



Sign #4...Wesley slept through the night on his first camping trip (no picture because, duh, we were all sleeping).

All told, Im glad my husband is a force of nature sometimes. I certainly wouldnt have made the decision to go on our first family trip with a newborn, but Im happy we did it. And Im especially grateful that it didnt turn out to be a nightmare.

Camping Mojo Levels have been restored. Welcome to Season 4 of Lively Little Campers. 

download file now